MISTER DONUT @ AEON MALL IPOH KLEBANG

10:14:00 pm


Doughnuts are American dessert that people will go nuts for. Despite of not being a doughnut fan, I'm easily mesmerized by the decorative topping like glaze, frosting and jimmies. Among the wide arrays of doughnut brands in Malaysia, I've tried most of the familiar brands that can be easily found in any shopping malls, like Big Apple, Krispy Kreme, J. CO Donuts and Dunkin' Donuts, except for Mister Donut, which I only tried them last Thursday.




Mister Donut was originally founded in United States. It was then later headquartered in Japan and became the largest donut chain of the country after acquiring the franchise right.





They provide varieties of doughnuts, namely Pon-De-Ring, French Cruller, Old-Fashioned, Chocolate Cake, Peanut Cake and Sweet Ring. These are only the basic. They even have fruit range and donut burger selection. Furthermore, their products are beyond doughnuts. Other desserts like muffins, cupcakes, ice-cream, ice-blended and premium tea are served to please each and every customer even though some are only available in selected stores.

I made up my mind to savour some of their doughnuts and muffins on my first trial. Their doughnuts are not similar to any doughnuts that I've tried so far. It's not what I would expect before I sink my teeth into the doughnuts. If I were to taste them blindfoldedly, I'll thought I have ate mochis or cakes.



Pon de ring, The Hero, is a must-try! It's a set of eight chewy, plumpy-looking balls stick together forming a ring. I bet it has become the No. 1 Bestseller because of its fusion of American's doughnuts and Japan's mochi. 

As for the French Cruller, I was seduced by its appearance like any other French desserts. I'd only tried two of those, Whipping French and Blueberry French. Both of them were French Crullers cut into halves and spread with icing. Whipping French is then dipped with chocolate and decorated with a walnut while Blueberry French is decorated with more icing and a dollop of blueberry. However, its tasteless dough is quite disappointing. Only the subtle sweetness of the toppings can be tasted.

Although the Old-fashioned is not as crispy as what they have stated in their brochure (maybe only referring to those which are freshly out from the oven), it is crumbly like a piece of densely packed cake. So, there's no harm to give it a try. Same goes to the Coconut Ring!


The one I liked best was their muffins. Its rich chocolatey flavour was amazingly satisfying. Two bites are already enough to make me feel full. On the other hand, the Mango Muffin taste like classic muffin.

Overall, the doughnuts and muffins are okay, the packaging is practical (and no plastic bag is used), the service is good and the price is acceptable. I'll give it a 3.5/5.


If you would like to taste it yourself, Mister Donut is now having a promotion for October babies! Show your IC and get a FREE Ice Blended when you buy six doughnuts.

Those doughnuts and muffins are bought from:

AEON Mall Ipoh Klebang (Supermarket Floor)
Lot 12080, Klebang Perdana,
31200 Chemor, Perak.
WEBSITE // FACEBOOK

Weights & Dresses,
Zyin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

@nicole_wongtzemei

@zyinwty