[REVIEW] TOUS LES JOURS @ WOLO BUKIT BINTANG

3:05:00 pm

Tous les Jours ( /too-leh-joo/ ) now has 4 outlets in Malaysia yet, I've never set my foot in any one of those. It's kinda fictitious to admit it but I have to point out that such a classy venue is usually not my everyday go-to kind of place to get breads, pastries, and cakes. It only happens when I wanted to buy the experience or if there is a good reason of doing so. Read till the end and I'll let you know what's the good reason!

French-inspired Korean bakery
On the very second day of the year, I've made up my mind to pay a visit, together with Zmei, to one of their stores located at the Ground and Mezzanine Floor of WOLO Bukit Bintang. Fyi, WOLO Bukit Bintang is a boutique hotel. Another easier way to locate is to look across the road from H&M Lot 10. You can't miss the really huge glass wall and TOUS les JOURS signage. Due to the construction going on in between, I couldn't get a good view photo of it. So, you'll just have to be there, right at the scene, to see it.

French-inspired Korean bakery

French-inspired Korean Bakery
Mezzanine Floor was closed during our visit.
French-inspired Korean Bakery

French-inspired Korean bakery
I was expecting to be greeted by a distinct patisserie aroma when I walked in the front door. Instead, what has taken me aback was the tranquil atmosphere even though being situated within the Golden Triangle. It's kinda a feeling you get when travelled from a hustle bustle city to a cozy, rustic cottage in a speed of light. However, I still have to mention that the interior is more of an English style (those red bricks wall) rather than a French style. Am I wrong, or isn't it supposed to be a French-inspired? Anyway, the capacious space with great natural lighting is earning some great big points there, which means you can effortlessly capture great photos during the golden hour.

breads, pastries and cakes
The pastries were used to be perfectly set out on the display counter to tempt the desirous customers. Disappointingly, they're all now in plastic cases, I guess, by the reason of hygienic. Still, I can see that the flaky, shiny layer of the croissants could just make anyone of us to really wanna sink our teeth into them to test out their fluffiness! Same goes to the various kinds of Danish pastries, arranged according to their respective toppings.

breads, pastries, and cakes
I couldn't make a decision on which to pick at that time because I just want to try them all! Couldn't they make each of those in bite-size? 😭

breads, pastries, and cakes
Happiness is seeing cakes in the display fridge. Nonetheless, I will only try out cakes from specialized cake store for I don't want to face any disappointment with dry, hard cakes.

Creamy Pillow, Macadamia Chocolate Blanc, Apple Crumb Danish
CLOCKWISE: Apple Crumb Danish 4.6 // Macadamia Chocolate Blanc 3.9 // Creamy Pillow 5.9  

Banana and Ricotta Cheese French Toast (2 pcs)
Banana and Ricotta Cheese French Toast (2 pcs) 16.9
After making the rounds of display counters, these were what we've picked as our brunch for the day - 1 bread, 2 pastries, and 1 dine-in menu. In the first place, TLJ Egg Benedict topped our to-try list because of its hollandaise sauce, an emulsion of egg yolk and liquid butter. On the second thought, french toast seemed to be a better choice, what's more when brioche bread is used. We didn't order any beverages but asked for a cup of warm water instead. Without further ado, we made a beeline to the Parisian-style cafe seating to match the whole feel!

Banana and Ricotta Cheese French Toast (2 pcs)
My first impression on the Banana and Ricotta Cheese French Toast was "not even a banana? 3/4 banana, like seriously? 😶" Okay, maybe for aesthetic reason. It does look presentable. Other than that, I got nothing to complain.

Apple Crumble Danish 
Creamy Pillow
Apple crumble took me by surprise on the very first time I tried it. It was a cake. From that day onwards, I ought to try an apple crumble dish whenever it's in the menu. Both toppings of the Creamy Pillow and the Apple Crumble Danish tasted good, but the pastry was a lil' chewy.

Macadamia Chocolate Blanc
The Macadamia Chocolate Blanc doesn't look good, right? I have no idea why we even opted for it. But, don't be fooled by its appearance. It has hidden gem (whole nut) inside! From what I felt inside my mouth, it isn't the size of a macadamia. Something bigger like walnut...and tasted like walnut. Now this is weird. Still, I didn't regret over our choice.

Luckily, we weren't greedy to get more than that for what we've ordered was just nice as 2 portions. The overall experience to brunch there was admirable. A right place to chill out, catch up, and enjoy life - try imagining yourself in Paris while seating at the place I mentioned previously (there's actually a hook under the table for your bag and stuff) and observing passersby. With a price range of MYR 2++ to MYR 10++ (excluding beverages and dine-in menu), I would say it's quite reasonable if the venue and label are taken into consideration. Even a piece of bread from any smaller bakery can cost you MYR 3++. And so forth, the total bill was MYR 31.30 BUT we only paid MYR 1.30 on the spot! Here's why (click before 24th Jan 2017).

gif
When we're about to leave... was she thinking of stealing the baguette or hitting me with it? 😂

Comment down below and let me know if you've been to Tous les Jours, what you'd tried during your visit, is it something I haven't try or is it only being served at certain outlet. I would love to know and give it a try next time around. Or if you're just like me, a going-to-be-first-timer, let me know if this post has helped you out, if not, you can ask me anything anytime. Just comment down below!

Tous les Jours WOLO Bukit Bintang
126A-C, Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : +603-4065 0088
Opening Hours :
7.30am - 12am (Weekdays)
7.30am - 1am (Weekends & Public Holidays)

FB // IG

Start planning your visit by checking out their menu at  Tous les Jours Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Weight & Dresses,
Zyin

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. For 16.90, the french toast doesn't look like much. Was the taste worth it? Would like to go cafe-hopping someday! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's within the KL price range and it is tad bit expensive for the quantity served. Frankly, I wouldn't say it's good nor bad. For me, it's bland. Others might differ.

      Delete

@nicole_wongtzemei

@zyinwty