[BEAUTY] HOW I KEEP MY HAIR COLOUR STAY LONGER WITHOUT SPENDING A CENT

3:00:00 pm

"Chinese New Year is approaching but the vibe is not there yet." - that's the typical thing you tend to hear every single year for quite some time already. I admit that some things can't be how it used to be when we're younger. However, I do believe that ambiance can be created too. The year before I was so free so I DIY-ed red packets, which was kinda a failure for it doesn't end up to my expectation. This year I downloaded a hard disk-ful of CNY songs and decided to buy some CNY "cookie" back home (just like in the ads where children will bring something home for parents 😁). Another two to-dos that will never be forgotten are to go shopping for brand-new clothes and get an up-to-date hairstyle!

Purple hair
photo taken outdoor
I'm falling head over heels for purple hue and so forth that's what you'll see on my mane. It's a lighter purple compared to what I've dyed previously. Considering that I have experience with my hair being dyed non-basic colour, I would like to share some tips and tricks on how I keep the colour stay longer. In other words, I'm trying to help you to get your money's worth. These were/are some of what I wished and still hoping for someone to share with me.

Avoid Anything HOT

Purple hair
Heat drains out moisture, which then leads the colour to fade much faster. From my previous hair dye, I discovered that the inner layer of my hair still retain some of the purple while the outer layer has completely faded into pinkish orange. Thus, I concluded that even the sunlight is doing bad for the hair colour. What I'll do this time is to stay away from direct sunlight. If I have to be under the sun, I'll just make sure I bun them up. Same goes to any hot styling tools. Refrain from using them if not necessary. I even wash my hair with the coldest water I can go with. This way is to shut the cuticle and lock the moisture in! Prevent fast colour fading and lesser split ends - killing two birds with one stone!

Wait ALAP to Wash

Purple hair
That's the kinda face I put on when I have to wait as long as possible to get to wash my hair. It's the greasy feeling and the itchiness that comes every now and then - do you get me? Never mind. That's what girls do - sacrifice for beauty, am I right? The longest I can withstand is 1 week. Even on the fifth day itself, I'll have to tie a ponytail/bun all day everyday.

Never do Conditioning

Purple hair
photo taken indoor
I'm not 100% sure about this but I noticed that hell lotsa colour drain away as I was rinsing the conditioner. From that time onwards, I swore to never use the conditioner again for at least a month right after dying my hair. Earlier I mentioned that I go for the coldest water to wash my hair weekly, hence not using a hair conditioner wouldn't be much of a problem 😀 To make up the loss, I'll also apply some hair oil after that.

Opt For The Right Salon

Purple hair
The preceding tips and tricks are what you should be doing AFTER the hair dye whereas this is what you should have done BEFORE the hair dye. Trying out new saloon is a great experience, but that's when you're willing to risk on what you spend. I still recommend on going to your usual hair salon and get your trusted hair stylist. They know what you want and can give you their best advice. I've been a loyal customer for Ivan Hair Salon back at my hometown since my secondary school years. He's a meticulous person and I'm at ease to allow him to do his magic. Usually, you'll have to make a reservation in advance even for only a hair cut. So, call to book a date now and be mystified!

Comment down below if you've any great tips and tricks you wanna share with me! I'll never be bored of them! So, keep them coming in. And share with me your new year hair makeover. That will be greater if you can show me photos!

Ivan Hair Saloon
32-1, Jalan IJ2 1/3, Taman Indah Jaya 2, 36000 Teluk Intan, Perak.
Tel : 
Ivan (Hair Stylist) +6010-340 2208
Crystal (Makeup Artist) +6012-540 5934
Opening Hours :
10.30am - 6.30am 

(Close on Tuesday)

Weights & Dresses,
Zyin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

@nicole_wongtzemei

@zyinwty