WHAT DO YOU NOT KNOW ABOUT FRANKENSTEIN

11:07:00 am


It was a little surprise to me when I received an e-mail from Nuffnang informing that I've won a pair of ticket to the premiere screening of "Victor Frankenstein". I was just trying my luck when I came across Nuffnang's contests for "Victor Frankenstein" and "The Good Dinosaur". Never thought I could have won it. So, therefore, this is my very first time going for a movie premiere... to the extent that I thought we might have some special appearances. Bwahahahha! (But, I still saw Dennis Yin after the movie.)


Zmei and I went for the premiere screening at Golden Screen Cinema 1 Utama right after her work. For all of the cinemas I've went up till now, I've never felt uncomfortable with the temperature. Fyi, I'm the person who doesn't like to be distracted by certain matters during movie-watching session. These certain matters include low temperature, people of the same row shaking their legs, and... that's all for now. Thus, better sorry than regret, I have a Uniqlo Flannel Check Shirt tied around my waist to make sure that I have something to keep myself warm in the cinema. On the other hand, this can just be another fashion piece to strut in style.


I was taken aback, not that much but still, by a girl who wore similar style when I'm taking this escalator-to-heaven. We went to the same row to redeem our tickets. And then we're sitting at the same row in the hall. To add more to the coincidence, we bumped into each other again when going down the escalator after the movie.

This is where we waited for Hall 3 to light up!

Since this is a premiere screening, we're reminded two times, once before entering the hall and another before the movie starts, that no one is allowed to record the movie by any means. If caught, the one will be asked to leave the hall. OMG! That's strict. Anyway, we're the good girls. We don't commit crimes. So, we're allowed to enter the huge hall to enjoy the movie.


Okay, let's just cut the crap and go on with the review. "Victor Frankenstein" is another Frankenstein genre. You might have heard enough of Frankenstein from your early age but you might not know about it just yet. Most of us have unintentionally associated Frankenstein to its creation. Frankenstein is actually the name of the maker and its creation has not been given any name. Although the original writer of this story, Mary Shelley, had hinted that Adam is its name, Frankenstein is more preferable. For me, the first Frankenstein I came to know was the one in Addams Family. He's the slow but friendly Frankenstein.


In this movie, they have the same maker, Victor Frankenstein (played by James McAvoy), but this time with an assistant called Igor (played by Daniel Radcliffe). Just like other Frankenstein movies, Victor Frankenstein is the mad scientist who wanted it badly to create LIFE out of DEATH. In the search of life regeneration out of electricity, Frankenstein gets to know a hunchback circus boy who impresses him with his intelligence in human anatomy when trying to save a female acrobat, Lorelei (played by Jessica Brown Findlay). With the hope of getting the circus boy to be his assistant, Frankenstein rescues the boy from his miserable sad life - you might want to know how the boy gets his name, Igor, later. He knows that Igor is able to help him in fulfilling his desire of changing the future of humanity. But, are they able to take the place as the creator? You'll have to find it out yourself.


I find this movie still acceptable because it has a different story line from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, even though I prefer Mary Shelley's. When I first watched the trailer, I wasn't attracted by it at all. I was like, "Not again." After watching it, this brand new perspective of Frankenstein has given a new breath to the story. In this movie, unlike any other, Victor Frankenstein has a brother and he has a reason why he is creating such a thing. However, attention is given more to Igor. The movie is played from his point of view on how he met Frankenstein and how he help out in the project. Fyi, I'm not a Harry Potter fan, but I have to agree that Daniel Radcliffe showed his good acting skill here. I was astonished in the starting of the movie where he is a hunchback. It totally changes my perception on him. The drawback is that the movie is a little bit draggy in between of the climaxes. Every time I thought that something will be created, I was wrong. Frankenstein and Igor fail for two times. Two times is enough to kill my curiosity towards the movie.



I would give this movie a 3-stars rate. I admit that I was kinda bored by it towards the end but I still like how the story is twisted and adapted from the original one. If you have no idea about the original story, you may get the book and read it. Any other easy way? Watch "I, Frankenstein". They have the original story briefly explained before Adam, Frankenstein's creation, turns into a hero against the satan to save the human's world.

Weights & Dresses,
Zyin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

@nicole_wongtzemei

@zyinwty