PROOFREADING SERVICE

9:00:00 am


By now, it's nearly coming to two and a half months I've been rotting at home looking for job. It was not long ago I came to know that most companies are not positive in employing workers during the last quarter of the year. Thus, I have a reason not to feel that bad even though I had went to three interviews and not being hired yet. Not that I've a rent to pay, but finding a job and working for the pay is how life has been working out for humans. I personally pay more attention on the experience that I'm about get in a working environment. At the same time, I wouldn't deny that the salary will be making my path much more easier in the life long journey to collect experiences.

Now, while waiting till I get a job, I need to make some side income to minimize the guilt in me for staying at home 'shaking legs'. That's what I bet my parents have in their minds. Therefore, I'm thinking of providing service which what I'm good at and able to use my Bachelor of Education (Hons) Teaching English as Second Language as the credit, which is proofreading. Proofreading is like double checking your essays to make sure that you do not have any silly mistakes in it.


I was a trainee teacher and I found that I couldn't resist myself to correct students' grammar, punctuation, spelling, capitalization, etc. In my university, I was taught not to correct every mistake and error of the students in their writing as the pages fully scribbled with red pen will kill their desire in learning. Correction should only be made when the mistake or error is serious at that particular time. They have the point there but I don't understand why we shouldn't correct them immediately. If we only correct them in the future, I bet students are sure to confuse why I was correct in the past and wrong in the present. So, what should I use in the future?

Furthermore, I'm a super perfectionist! I still remember clearly that I have a terrible time in finishing my term paper. One of the reason for being that dreadful was continuously checking on the formatting, header and spacing from the first page to the last page. To convince you even more, the scope of my term paper was analysing errors on subject-verb agreement. In English means spotting errors made when using a verb that doesn't suit the subject. For example, 'I is' instead of 'I am'.


With this three reasons stated above, I would like to pronounce that I can be your proofreader. I hereby tell you that I do not have much experience yet but, I need you to give me a chance to show you what I can do. We all have our first time in everything, anything, don't we?

If you would like to give it a try, click here. Since I'm still a novice, you'll only have to pay 50% of the rate first. You can settle the remaining payment AFTER you've get your proofread document and feel satisfied with the result. Worst come to worst, if you're not satisfied with it, you've only paid half of the market price for the service provided. Some might think that I'm such a foolish in making such business. On the contrary, I believe I'm not. I trust in my customer-to-be. And by doing this, I hope you will have faith in me as well.

Apart of this being a way to earn some side income, I'm doing this for gathering experiences and brushing up my skill as well as building my portfolio.

Weights & Dresses,
Zyin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

@nicole_wongtzemei

@zyinwty